Every file that Panda Cloud Antivirus detects and neutralizes is moved to quarantine before any action is taken upon them as a preventive measure. Panda Cloud Antivirus will take the most appropriate decision in each case, depending on the type of threat.
- Malware: If a file turns out to be malware, it will be automatically removed from the computer after seven days.
- Suspicious files: They will be kept in quarantine until Panda Cloud Antivirus determines whether they are dangerous (malware) or innocuous (goodware). If the file turns out to be goodware, Panda Cloud Antivirus will remove it from quarantine and return it to its original path.
- PUPs: Adware and other types of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) are kept in quarantine indefinitely.
How to access the quarantine
- Open Panda Cloud Antivirus and click Files in quarantine in the Antivirus section of the main window.
- Click View details to see the list of quarantined files.
The following options are available, although we do NOT recommend that you make use of either of them unless you are absolutely sure:
- Recover file: This option allows you to recover files from quarantine and return them to their original path.
- Delete: This option allows you to delete all files from the list.
Bear in mind that, if you delete the files, you will not be able to recover them afterwards.