The Panda AdminSecure Communications Agent installed in the workstations and/or servers can be uninstalled from the Panda AdminSecure console.
Bear in mind that the agent in the computer with the Panda AdminSecure components installed cannot be uninstalled. It will be eliminated, only if the application is completely uninstalled.
Steps for uninstalling Panda AdminSecure Communications Agent
In order to launch the uninstallation process from the console, follow the steps below:
- Select the computer on which you want to install the communications agent in the organization tree.
- Go to the Tools menu.
- Select Distribute communications agent -> Uninstall the communications agent.
The tool to uninstall the agent will allow you to eliminate all the processes, services and files related to the agent from all the computers. Bear in mind that this action will not uninstall the antivirus from the computers; the protection will be installed and functioning but it won't be possible to modify any settings or update it.
You can also uninstall the Communications Agent by right-clicking a computer in the Panda AdminSecure console and selecting Uninstall the Communications Agent.
Steps for cleaning the user login script
In order to delete the files created to distribute the agent through the user login script, follow the steps below:
- Click the Tools menu.
- Select Distribute communications agent -> Clean user login script wizard.
You will be asked to enter the computers and users whose login script must be cleaned. This process restores the user login script and deletes shared folders and unnecessary files.
Bear in mind that the clean user login script wizard can only be run when the tool for modifying the user login script in order to distribute the agent has been used.
How to uninstall the Agent using the command prompt
If you have communication problems with the computer from which to uninstall the Communications Agent, uninstall it from the computer itself using the command prompt.
- Click Start-> Run, type cmd and click OK.
- Go to the directory that contains Panda's Agent installer (by default C:\Program files\Panda Software\Panda Administrator 3\Pavinst\Plagent)
- Type the following command:
- The uninstallation progress will be displayed in the Command Prompt window.
- When the window is closed, the uninstallation process is complete.
If the PAVAGENT.EXE file doesn't exist in the above path, you will find it in C:\Program files\Panda Software\Panda Administrator 3\Distribution Server\Repository\PLAGENT\v450xxxxxx on the computer where Panda AdminSecure is installed.
v450xxxxxx -> xxxxxx stands for the version of the Communications Agent installed on the computer whose Communications Agent is to be removed.
The Communications Agent version can be found in C:\Program files\Panda Software\Panda Administrator 3\Pavinfo.ini