The following error might occur while installing Endpoint Protection:
NOTE: The error message can refer to any stages of the installation process. The image above shows error 5000 when establishing a connection with the server.
This error message can be caused by either of the causes below:
- Using an outdated installer. The installers are progressively updated on the web server. When access to old versions is removed, the installers are no longer valid.
- Loss of Internet connection or connection to the client’s internal network during the installation process.
- Even if you have Internet access, you may not be able to access some of the URLs necessary for PCOP to work correctly. This generally occurs when a firewall or a proxy server is used that does not allow access to these addresses.
- Outdated installer
If you are using an installer which had been previously downloaded locally, delete it and download a new one from the Endpoint Protection web console. Check that the issue is resolved with the new installer.
- No Internet connection
- Check the Internet connection is fully operative.
- Check the other computers on the network are detected.
- Make sure there is no firewall blocking the network traffic.
- Check that the computer´s date is correct.
- Restart the computer.
- No access to some of the URL addresses necessary for PCOP to work correctly
Make sure you can access the URLs necessary for PCOP to work correctly from your browser. If you cannot access them, check your settings and fix it.