Set up this password if you select the following options:
- Require a password to uninstall the protection locally from the protected computer
If you enable this option, the configured password will be required to uninstall the protection or the agent from any computer that has these settings applied. This will prevent unauthorized uninstallations.
- Allow the protections to be temporarily enabled/disabled from the protected computer's console
If you enable this option, the configured password will be required to access the administrator panel from the protected computer's local console. The administrator panel let users temporarily enable and disable the protections regardless of the settings received from the Web console. After the selected time period, the changes will be reverted to the settings established from the Web console.
- Enable Anti-Tamper protection
The Anti-Tamper protection prevents unauthorized users and certain types of malware from stopping the protection services or drivers, leaving computers unprotected.If you enable this option, the configured password will be required to disable the feature locally from the protected computer.
Steps to follow:
- From the Adaptive Defense console, go to Settings, select the profile you want to apply the new settings.
- Click the Windows and Linux section on the left menu and select the Advanced options.
- Within the Administrator password section, enable the three options available.
The Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection products allows you to set up a password that will be required to perform certain advanced administrative actions locally from the protected computers.