When accessing Panda GateDefender eSeries for the first time, you need to go through a set of configuration steps before accessing the graphical user interface (GUI). Find below the steps that need to be followed:
- Access the device
The first time you boot-up your appliance, you will need to connect a workstation (laptop or desktop) to the Green (LAN) interface of the device.
- If you are connecting directly from your device to the appliance, then you will most likely require a crossover cable.
- If you are accessing the appliance through a switch or hub, you can use a simple straight-through Ethernet cable.
The default IP of the appliance is 192.168.0.15, so you will need to set a static IP on your local machine within that Class C subnet (/24). So, for example, you could set your device to use the IP 192.168.0.100 with a netmask of 255.255.255.0.
Panda GateDefender eSeries default IP: https://192.168.0.15:10443
- Once you have reached the initial Panda GateDefender eSeries wizard screen, click the Forward button for the Installation Wizard to start.
- Set the Language & Timezone
Select your preferred language for the GUI and your time zone. Click Forward to continue.
- License Agreement
Accept the Panda GateDefender eSeries license agreement and click Forward to continue.
- Restore from Backup
The next option allows you to restore a previous backup configuration to your device.
- If you have one and want to use it, select Yes and choose the backup file (.tgz).
- Else, select No and click the Forward button to continue.
- Set Web / SSH Passwords
Enter the credentials (user name and password) for your GUI. Click Forward to continue.
It is highly recommended to choose strong passwords (at least 12 characters containing alphanumeric and special characters, etc.).