The purpose of this monitor is to alert the administrator if a software package is installed, uninstalled or if changes are made to an existing package.
In the Trigger Details, the administrator can:
- Specify the name of the software package he would like to monitor.
- Select the status of the package by ticking the is installed, is uninstalled or changes version button boxes. It is possible to select one or all three.
In the Alert Details, the administrator has he option to select the severity for this event.
Once this page is configured, the administrator can select Next and in the Response Details paragraph, choose to run a component in response to the alert being raised, and/or specify the email.
After pressing Next again, the administrator has the option to:
- Have this alert create a support ticket.
- Assign which user gets assigned the support ticket.
- Indicate if users should have an email alert to notify them.