The purpose of this monitor is to alert the administrator if a process is running or not and/or if it has reached a certain level of CPU usage for a specified period with the option to attempt to kill the process, if it triggers an alert.
In the Trigger Details, the administrator can:
- Specify the name of the process to monitor.
- Enter the process name to monitor and the threshold of the CPU level.
- Enter a tick for the agent to kill the process in the event of an alert being triggered.
In the Alert Details, the administrator has he option to select the severity for this event.
Finally, in the Auto Resolution Details, the administrator can set the resolution period. This means should the alert condition not meet the conditions of the alert set for the period of time specified in this field, the alert will resolve itself, meaning that, should it do it again, the administrator will get another notification.
Once this page is configured, the administrator can select Next and in the Response Details paragraph, choose to run a component in response to the alert being raised, and/or specify the email.
After pressing Next again, the administrator has the option to:
- Have this alert create a support ticket.
- Assign which user gets assigned the support ticket.
- Indicate if users should have an email alert to notify them.