A vulnerability affecting the Panda antivirus products has been detected. The vulnerability gives the attacker the ability to inject any DLL into any Panda process by taking advantage of Microsoft?s Standard Application Verifier Provider. Solution
Panda Security has created a hotfix that addresses this issue. The hotfix applies to the following product versions:
Steps to apply the hotfix
- Corporate products: 7.60.00, 7.62.00, 7.65.00, 7.65.01, 7.65.02 and 7.66.00.
- Consumer 2017 products: 17.00.00 and 17.00.01.
- Panda Protection: 18.00.00 and 18.01.00.
- To apply the hotfix and resolve this issue, download the hotfix and run it on the machine where the protection is installed.
- Once downloaded, double-click the file and click Install:
- When the process is complete, click Finish.
Panda Security would like to thank Cybellium and researcher Michael Engstler for their continuous effort in improving security.