Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
TapSnake.A is a Trojan that affects mobile phones with an Android operating system.
Once installed in the phone, it carries out the following actions:
- Apparently, it is the popular Snake game:
- However, it is part of the spyware suite called GPS Spy, and, unlike this, TapSnake.A requires geographical information to the GPS of the terminal in order to send the position to a malicious user.
- Users have to register in order to associate the affected terminal with the GPS Spy software and this way gain access the gathered information:
- Although users close the application, it remains memory resident and continues sending information about the location of the affected terminal:
- Though users turn off the phone, the application will be automatically run when the phone is restarted.
Means of transmission
TapSnake.A is part of a spyware suite and can be downloaded from the Android Market.
TapSnake.A is 28,672 bytes in size.