Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Threat Level Damage Distribution
Is my computer infected by CrashDump.A?
In order to make absolutely sure that CrashDump.A has not affected your computer, you have the following options:
- Carry out a full scan of your computer using Panda Antivirus, after checking that it is updated. If it isn't and you are a registered Panda Security client, update it by clicking here.
- Check the computer with Panda ActiveScan, Panda Security's free, online scanner, which will quickly detect any possible viruses.
How to remove CrashDump.A?
If Panda Antivirus or Panda ActiveScan detects CrashDump.A during the scan, it will automatically offer you the option of deleting it. Do this by following the program's instructions.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows Millenium, clickhereto find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows XP, clickhereto find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
How can I protect my computer from CrashDump.A?
In order to keep your computer protected, bear the following tips in mind:
- Panda Security'sTruPreventTMTechnologies detected and successfully blocked CrashDump.A, without prior knowledge of the malicious code.
- Install a good antivirus in your computer. Click here to get the Panda antivirus solution that best suits your needs.
- Keep your antivirus updated. If automatic updates are available, configure your antivirus to use them.
- Keep your permanent antivirus protection enabled at all times.
For more detailed information about how to protect your computer against viruses and other threats, click here.