Importing IP-based assignment rules to existing groups
Follow the steps below to add IP addresses to an existing group:
Export allocation rules by IPs
- Select the context menu of a group other than the All group or an Active Directory group. Select the Import IP-based assignment rules option. A window will open for you to drag a file containing IP addresses.
- This file must consist of one or more lines with the following format:
- For independent IP addresses, add a line for each IP:
.\Group\Group\Group (tab) IP
- For IP ranges, add a line for each range of IPs:
- All the indicated paths are interpreted by Adaptive Defense as relative to the tree where the IP groups will be imported. To indicate the path of the folder where you click, use the character ".".
- If the groups indicated in the file do not exist, Panda Adaptive Defense will create them and will assign the IP addresses.
- Click Import. The IP addresses will be assigned to the groups indicated in the file. Additionally, the icons in the group tree will be updated to reflect the changes in the types of groups in the tree.
If the imported file contains ranges of IP addresses for groups that already had previously assigned IP addresses, the latter will be deleted before applying those included in the imported file.
Once the process is complete, all new computers that are integrated into Panda Adaptive Defense 360 will be moved to the relevant groups based on their IP addresses.
To export a file with the IP group rules already assigned, follow the steps below:
- Select the context menu for a group other than the Everyone group or an active directory group, and click Export Allocation rules by IPs. A .csv file will be downloaded with the IP mapping rules set to the group where it was clicked and on its descendants.
- The format of the .csv file is indicated in the Import allocation rules by IPs in groups already created.