One of the most efficient ways to minimize data exposure is to automatically encrypt the hard disks of desktops, laptops and servers, preventing unauthorized users from accessing the encrypted information without authentication. This policy provides an additional layer of security and control for organizations, although it may also lead to data control and recovery issues if the key is lost.
Panda Full Encryption leverages BitLocker, a proven and stable Microsoft technology, to encrypt and decrypt disks without impacting end users and providing organizations with the added value of centrally controlling and managing the encryption keys stored on Panda Security's cloud-based management platform: Aether
Panda Full Encryption, is an additional module for Panda Security?s endpoint protection and advanced adaptive security solutions, designed to centrally manage full disk encryption and provide the following features:
- Full drive encryption and decryption
Panda Full Encryption leverages BitLocker to fully encrypt the drives of your Windows laptops, desktops and servers. Panda Full Encryption dashboard provides global visibility into the network endpoints compatible with the feature, their encryption status and the authentication method used, and enables administrators to assign encryption settings and restrict encryption permissions.
- Centralized management and recovery of encryption keys
If the access key is forgotten, or there are changes to the computer's boot sequence, BitLocker will ask for a recovery key to start up the affected system.
If required, the network administrator can get the recovery key through the management console and send it to the computer user.
- Lists and reports. Centralized policy application
Panda Full Encryption allows you to create:
- Computer lists in the console that allow administrators to apply multiple filters based on encryption status.
These lists can be exported for data analysis with external tools.
- Encryption policies defined from the console. You can view policy changes through audit reports that you can present to regulatory bodies and institutions if required.
Check out all the information regarding the Panda Full Encryption module that the Aether console dashboards provide:
Number of computers supporting encryption:
- Total of computers supporting encryption
- Computers with no Panda Full Encryption license
- Computers with Panda Full Encryption enabled
- Computers with Panda Full Encryption disabled
- Computers with Panda Full Encryption errors
- Computers with Panda Full Encryption errors installing
- Encrypted disks
- Encrypted by the user
- Encrypted by the user (partially)
- Encrypted (partially)
- Unencrypted disks
Authentication method applied
- Security processor (TPM)
- Security processor (TPM) + Password
- USB drive