This article describes some of the most common errors that could be present during the encryption of computers by Panda Full Encryption. You will be able to access these errors from the Status
Some of these messages depend on the settings defined for Panda Full Encryption:Encryption pending user action
This message indicates that user intervention is required to encrypt the computer, for any of the following reasons:
Error encrypting the computer
- Authentication password needs to be entered.
- Reboot required.
These type of messages can be due to various reasons and require different solutions:
- This computer can only be encrypted using a USB drive for authentication, but the option to encrypt this type of computers has been disabled in the encryption settings.
Solution: If you don't want this error message to be displayed, assign the computer settings with encryption disabled.
- This computer does not support the authentication method selected in the settings (Do not ask for password to access the computer).
Solution: To apply this method, the computer must have a security processor (TPM). Edit the settings and check to see if the problem is fixed.
Error 232 during the encryption of Windows Server Core
This error message occurs when trying to encrypt Windows Server Core.
On Windows Server Server Core, the bdehdcfg
component isn't available by default. This component is necessary for Panda Full Encryption to be able to carry out the encryption of this operating system. To avoid the error message, download and install the component as per Microsoft's instructions
and try the encryption process afterwards.
Should the problem persist, collect a series of data from the computer, and report the issue to us. Please, read How to report problems from the console
and follow the instructions indicated.Error -2144272203
This error message is caused by a known Microsoft issue that affects Microsoft Surface Pro.
This known Microsoft issue requires you to manually set a BitLocker Group Policy Object (GPO)
. The policy setting will allow users to enable authentication options that require user input from the preboot environment, even if the platform indicates a lack of preboot input capability, which is the case with Surface Pro. Enable the following Local Group Policy
- Press the Windows key + R to display the Run window.
- Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
- Under the Local Computer Policy, navigate to Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Component, BitLocker Drive Encryption, Operating System Drives.
- Select the Enable use of BitLocker authentication requiring preboot keyboard input on slates policy option and enable it.
IMPORTANT: When this option is enabled, devices must have an alternative means of preboot input, for example an attached USB keyboard.
- Reboot the computer.
This error means that "a compatible Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Security Device cannot be found on this computer".
This error means that the TPM is disabled.
If the problem persists, please report your case to our Technical Support team.
- Download and run Panda Support Information.
- Accept the license agreement and click the Tools tab.
- Now, run the Enable/Disable Advanced Logs tool and follow the wizard through.
- Then, from the computer returning the error message, right-click on the Panda icon and select Sync. Wait for a few moments.
- Return to the Panda Support Information window and now, from the General tab, click Collect Support Information.
- Follow the wizard through and tick Save to local, do not send.
- Send the resulting file to your local Technical Support or else, via web form.