The purpose of this monitor is to alert the administrator if an event is raised in Windows Event Log (Windows only).
In the Trigger Details, the administrator can specify:
- The name of the log to monitor.
- The source (software which has raised the event).
- The event codes, types and descriptions of the events to look out for.
In the Alert Details, the administrator has the option to select the severity for this event.
Once this page is configured, the administrator can select Next and in the Response Details paragraph, choose to run a component in response to the alert being raised, and/or specify the email.
After pressing Next again, the administrator has the option to:
- Have this alert create a support ticket.
- Assign which user gets assigned the support ticket.
- Indicate if users should have an email alert to notify them.
What are Monitors and Alerts in Systems Management?