All of the modules in Panda AdminSecure are updated automatically, without user intervention. These updates include the new Virus Signature File (update) as well as improvements to the application’s scan engine (upgrade).
Panda Security for File Servers is updated automatically from the repository specified when the communications agent is distributed. For information about distributing the agent, visit What is AdminSecure Communications Agent and how is it distributed?
The repository is also updated automatically from the Internet or from another repository. For information about updating the repository, visit How can I update the repository from the Internet?
Instructions for carrying out the updates
To check that the Panda for File Servers automatic updates are enabled, follow the steps below:
- Go to the computer with the Panda AdminSecure console installed.
- Run the console. To do this, click Start -> Programs -> Panda AdminSecure -> AdminSecure console.
- Once you have selected this option, the administration console will open.
- Go to the Tools menu.
- Select Updates and repositories.
- In Update computers, click Select computers.., and make sure that the Windows Servers group or the group containing the file servers in which you want to automatically update Panda for File Servers is selected.
You can push out the update at any time from the Panda AdminSecure console. To do this, you can use the following options:
- Right-click on the modules and groups in which you want to update the protection and select the Update protection... option from the pop-up menu.
- Select the modules and groups in which you want to update the protection and then select the Update protection option from the console button bar.