In order to protect Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 RD computers with AdminSecure, proceed as follows:
- Make sure you are running Panda AdminSecure 4.50.00 version.
To check the installed version, access the Panda AdminSecure console and click Help-> About Panda. The version number will be displayed.
If Panda AdminSecure version is lower than 4.50.00, you will need to upgrade to AdminSecure 4.50.00 version.
- Download and install the update to support Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 computers.
To do this:
- Download HAS_4_50_00_0035.exe.
- Save the file to your hard disk; to the Windows Desktop, for example.
NOTE: It is advisable to disable the option to automatically upgrade the protections on all repositories before applying the hotfix in order to prevent excessive network traffic as all workstations/servers may restart or be prompted to restart, depending on what the automatic installation settings are.
- Run the downloaded file on the computers on which a repository, Adminserver or console is installed. You can do this by double-clicking the HAS_4_50_00_0035.exe file.
- Finally, from AdminSecure console, deploy the Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 protections accordingly*.
For more information, go to How can I update the protection of my IT resources once I have upgraded AdminSecure? (only applies to AdminSecure).
*After installing the protections, Windows 8.1 protected devices will be shown in the AdminSecure console as Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012 R2 protected servers as Window 2008 R2.
Versions after updating the protections
- Panda Security for Desktops: 4.65.11.0000
- Panda for File Servers: 8.65.11.0000