Panda Security for Desktops is the protection for workstations with Microsoft Windows operating systems and its installation is carried out from the Panda AdminSecure Console.
Read the following article to check the minimum system requirements for Panda Security for Desktops.
How to install Panda Security for Desktops
- Access the computer with Panda AdminSecure Console installed.
- Run the console. In order to do this, click Start -> Programs -> Panda AdminSecure -> AdminSecure Console.
- Once you have selected this option, the administration console will open.
- On the left-hand side, you will see the tree with the modules which can be protected.
You will only be able to install the Panda Security for Desktops protection in those systems where the agent has been installed and is registered in Panda AdminSecure Administration Server.
Read more information about how to distribute the agent to network computers.
- Once the console is open, go to the tree and click on the computers or groups where you want to install the protection and click Install protection. The wizard’s installation screen will open.
The protection can also be installed through the AdminSecure Setup Wizard, which is displayed as soon as the console is opened, provided that you haven’t checked Don't show this screen again when the console starts up. In this case, click the option to install the protection.
- You will have to select the platforms on which the installation will be carried out (Panda Security for Desktops can only be installed in Windows 7, 2000, XP and Vista Workstations) and the version you want to install from those available in the repository. By default, the latest available version will appear.
- You will be prompted to confirm the list of modules to protect.
- In the next window, you will be informed which workstations need restarting after the protection has been installed.
- Finally, click Next and a series of installation tasks will be generated in each of the selected systems.
The installation in workstations is not an immediate process. The tasks will be executed gradually to avoid the network overloading with information.
If there is already an antivirus installed in the computer to which Panda Security for Desktops is distributed, a message will appear indicating the situation and if it is possible, you will be offered the option of uninstalling it in order to continue with the installation of Panda Security for Desktops. Bear in mind that in these cases, it may be necessary to restart the workstation to complete the installation.
Panda Security for Desktops can also be installed generating an installation packet. To do this, once the administration console is open:
- Click Tools -> Updates and Repositories.
- In the Installation packets tab, select the one corresponding to Panda Security for Desktops and click Generate installer.
- If you have Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, version 4.50.00 will be installed.
- Select the installer details and it will automatically be generated in:
- %userprofile%\My documents\Panda for Desktops (Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7)
- %userprofile%\My documents\Panda for Desktops (Windows XP x64/Vista x64/ Windows 7 x64)
- Once the packet is created, run it on the computer you want to protect.