What kind of help do you need?
(Examples:“Panda Security installation”, “I want to contact Panda”)
Error message: 190017 when updating my Panda 2013 product
Information applies to:
|Panda Global Protection 2013|
|Panda Internet Security 2013|
|Panda Antivirus Pro 2013|
|Panda Ultrabook Protection|
The antivirus update process in my Panda 2013 product fails, showing error code 190017.
To solve this problem follow the steps below:
- Reboot machine in Safe Mode. To do this, on starting up the computer, press function key F8 repeatedly to enter the start-up menu. When this menu is displayed, select the Safe Mode option.
- Once rebooted, access the antivirus installation path, by default C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda 2013.
- Find and delete the file named pav.sig.
- Reboot the computer normally.
- Try to update the antivirus again and verify that everything works fine again.
For more information, refer to the Microsoft article on Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP.
Help nº- 20120903 80509 EN
Contact us and get solutions!
Register and get help from the Panda Community
Open a ticket
Quickest way to reach Support.
Open a ticket and get help!
High call volume may result in longer wait times.
Mon-Fri 9:00-18:00 EST
1 800 603 4922 x 7015