What kind of help do you need?
(Examples:“Panda Security installation”, “I want to contact Panda”)
How can I uninstall my Panda Global Protection 2012 from my computer?
Information applies to:
|Panda Global Protection 2012|
|Windows XP (32-bit Edition)||Windows Vista (32/64-bit Edition) |
|Windows 7 (32/64-bit Edition)|
- When I try to install Panda Global Protection 2012, a message is displayed indicating there are other Panda Security antivirus programs installed on the PC.
- The automatic uninstallation from Start, Programs, Panda Global Protection 2012, Uninstall has not been completed correctly.
Uninstall the security solution from the Windows Control Panel.
Only if the process described is not completed correctly, it is advisable to completely remove files and registry entries of your antivirus. To do this, follow the instructions below or view the guided video How to uninstall your Panda antivirus.
- Download the UNINSTALLER.EXE (642 KB) file.
- Save the file, to the Windows Desktop for example.
- Run the UNINSTALLER.EXE file by double-clicking it.
- Click Yes when a window showing the following message is displayed:
Do you want to run this uninstaller?
WARNING: It will reboot at the end to ensure a clean uninstall.
- Reboot your computer once the uninstallation process is completed (even if the previous window was not displayed).
- Once the PC has restarted, check if the Hotfix registry key exists in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Panda Software\Setup\
In order to do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to Start / Run and type REGEDIT.
- Browse through the tree structure until you find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Panda Software\Setup\Hotfix
- Once you have found the Hotfix folder, right-click and select Delete.
The aim of this tutorial is to help you uninstall the latest version of your product.
Help nº- 20140909 80322 EN