What kind of help do you need?
(Examples:“Panda Security installation”, “I want to contact Panda”)
How do I install Panda Global Protection 2012?
Information applies to:
|Panda Global Protection 2012|
|Windows XP (32-bit Edition)||Windows Vista (32/64-bit Edition) |
|Windows 7 (32/64-bit Edition)|
Installing your Panda Global Protection 2012 is very easy thanks to the wizard included in the application.
The installation process is the same whether it is the first time that you install the product or you install it again if you have changed or formatted your computer.
Make sure your computer meets the following requirements before installing the program.
The aim of this tutorial is to help you install your product and discover all the advantages that Panda Security offers you.
- Check if your computer meets the following minimum requirements.
Pentium 300 Mhz
128 MB without TruPrevent Technologies
512 MB with TruPrevent Technologies
(1 GB recommended)
275 MB free space
Windows XP (32-bits)
Windows Vista (32-bits)
Windows Vista (64-bits)
Windows 7 (32-bits)
Windows 7 (64-bits)
MS Internet Explorer 6.0
- Uninstall any other antivirus program that you might have installed on your computer.
Step 1: Run the installation file
If you have the latest Panda Global Protection 2012 CD-ROM, run the Install.exe file on the CD drive to start the installation process.
If you have downloaded the latest version of your product from the Downloads section, run the PANDAGP12.exe file.
Step 2: Follow the steps in the installation wizard
- Select the antivirus installation language and click Next.
- The wizard prompts you to read and accept the license agreement. Click Yes.
- The next screen gives you the chance to change the program installation directory (click Browse) and select an installation type:
- Minimum installation: reduces resource consumption as certain protection modules are not installed.
- Typical installation: the recommended option for most users. The program will install the minimum required options.
- Custom installation: lets you configure all available options and is recommended only for advanced users.
- Next, the computer memory scan starts. Once the scan is complete, click OK.
- Finally, once all files have been copied, select Yes, I want to restart the computer now and click Next.
Help nº- 20120521 80308 EN