Once they expire, our Aether-based products cease to protect customers.
Computers with expired licenses:
- Have all protections disabled: antivirus, advanced protection, firewall, device control, URL filtering and Exchange Server protection.
- Cannot access the Collective Intelligence platform.
- Don't receive signature file updates.
- Scheduled tasks stop working. Therefore, all scheduled scans and patching tasks will be disabled.
7-day grace period
To prevent customers from being left unprotected if they delay renewing their subscription by a few hours or 1or 2 days, they are given a 7-day grace period during which they remain 100% protected.
*Except for Panda Fusion (Panda Endpoint Protection Plus on Aether + Panda Systems Management), that doesn't have a grace period.
What happens if only some licenses expire?
If only a certain number of licenses expire whereas others remain active, those computers that have been offline for the longest time will lose their license and will be left unprotected.
However, if you want to choose which computers will lose their license, follow these steps before your licenses expire:
- Remove computers from the console. If there are computers that you don't need to protect because they are not currently in use, you can remove them from the console and release their license. Please note that if you remove a computer from the console but don't uninstall the agent from it, it will connect to the server again and will be automatically reintegrated into the console, using a license.
- Disable the licenses of those computers you don't want to protect but you still want to be able to manage from the console. You can do this from the details screen displayed when clicking a computer.
Once all licenses have expired on day X, the product will behave as follows:
- From the day the licenses expire to the day the grace period ends (day X to X+7):
- You will be able to access the console
- The protections will continue to work and update, providing customers with maximum protection
- From the day the grace period ends (X+8) up to 90 days after the license expiration date (day X+8 to X+90), the customer data will be kept in our database, but the customer will be unprotected. During this time period:
- You won't be able to access the console
- All protections will be disabled
If licenses are renewed within 90 days after their expiration date, the computers' protections will be automatically re-enabled and updated within 4 hours after the renewal time, provided they connect to the Internet.
- 90 days after the license expiration date (X+90), the agent and protections are automatically uninstalled and customer data is deleted from our database.
90 days after the license expiration date (X+90), the agent and the protections are uninstalled and customer data is deleted from our database. Therefore, should the licenses be renewed after that period of time, the customer would have to, amongst other things:
- Re-create all users
- Reinstall the agent and protections
- Re-create all settings