Now that we are on holiday with the kids, it is a great opportunity to teach them how to play online in a safe way, as the risks of using the Internet are on the increase, especially for young people, the most vulnerable. The Web can quickly turn from a being a source of entertainment to a serious problem if children are not alert to the dangers. At Panda, we are socially responsible and we recognise and support projects that contribute to the secure use of new technologies, especially for children.
The dangers in instant messaging, email, social networks etc. can be prevented by following a simple set of guidelines that we want to share with you:
- Speak to your children.
- Learn yourself, and pass the knowledge on to your children.
- Set firm rules for using the Internet.
- Forbid children from giving out confidential information.
- Teach your children to be wary of appearances.
- Install an effective security solution. The Parental Control feature lets children use the Internet safely by restricting access to inappropriate Web content. Check the latest Panda Internet Security 2010 and Panda Global Protection 2010, they both feature it!
On the other hand, cell phones are now widely used by children and adolescents. The risks, therefore, that they face in this respect are similar to those commented above concerning PCs, especially what regards instant messaging services (chatrooms) and spam, in cases related to pornography.
So, restrict the use of mobile phones which include risk features only to older children and give them advise on how to make a safe use of their cell phone.
Once you set limits to your children, tell them about the risks of going online, and teach them how to handle uncomfortable situations, together you can create a fun and safe environment for your children online.
So now, time to enjoy yourselves, adults and kids!! Check out these fun sites and have a super time!
Share with us other sites you and your children play safely online ¡¡