“Your number is no longer allowed to use our service”. Do you know what service it is? WhatsApp. That’s right, WhatsApp. Did you know that the app reserves the right to ban users that don’t abide by the terms and conditions of use?
Reasonable enough. The only problem is that they don’t warn you. So, given that forewarned is forearmed, here are some of the things that WhatsApp might ban you for.
Reasons you can be banned from WhatsApp
- Being blocked by a certain number of users
- Sending chain messages
- Using the platform for advertising purposes
- Sharing obscene or illicit material
- Spreading files with viruses
- Pretending to be another person
The company also reserves the right to delete messages that are too long or of limited interest.
The question you have to ask though is… To what extent are our WhatsApp conversations private?