Two weeks ago we had a really interesting meeting in Bilbao. It was about something that started in Iceland, in the International Antivirus Testing Workshop in May 2007. I had a meeting with some of the AV industry people that were there, talking about testing: what should be tested, how should be tested… That conversation didn't stop and we continued talking and having meetings in Virus Bulletin and AVAR. Finally we decided that we should go further, and create a group to work on this, and that's how AMTSO was born.
Today we have just published our web (www.amtso.org), with a press release announcing the creation of the group. Many people from the industry have joined the group. This is the charter of AMTSO:
- Provide a forum for discussions related to the testing of anti-malware and related products;
- Develop and publicize objective standards and best practices for testing of anti-malware and related products;
- Promote education and awareness of issues related to the testing of anti-malware and related products;
- Provide tools and resources to aid standards-based testing methodologies; and,
- Provide analysis and review of current and future testing of anti-malware and related products.
We are already working, and we'll have a meeting in a few months. As a member of the Pro Tem Subcommittee on Standards and Guidelines I know we are going to do great things.