- The new version is compatible with Office 2010 and Windows Live Mail
- It includes major improvements for malware detection and remediation, both online and offline
- Panda Security achieves 122% growth in worldwide sales of its cloud-based corporate protection solutions
- The solution can be sold separately or as part of the Panda Cloud Protection suite, also including Panda Cloud Email Protection and Panda Cloud Internet Protection
Panda Security, The Cloud Security Company, has launched version 5.04.50 of Panda Cloud Office Protection, its cloud-based security solution for corporate endpoints. This new version includes a host of new features and improvements providing companies with an even more effective solution for malware prevention, detection and remediation in corporate environments.
One of the version’s top new features is its compatibility with Office 2010, as well as its capacity to scan the email messages stored in Windows Live Mail. It also incorporates new heuristic technologies to prevent infections from unknown malware, capable of blocking threats even if the user is offline at the time of detection (identification processes take place in the cloud), or if the malware strain is new.
This new heuristic engine can not only classify files as suspicious, but also directly as malware or goodware, thanks to the detection algorithms developed by the Panda Security R+D+i Department.
It also contains a small signature file that only includes data about the most active malware every day. This file’s updates are truly automatic without administrator intervention to deploy and implement them on every workstation on the network.
The current clients of the solution will be migrated free to the new version.
Demand that grows above the market’s average
Since Panda Security started selling its cloud-based security suites last year, the company has achieved growth ratios well above the market average. In 2009, the company’s worldwide growth in this market segment reached 122% (compared to 2008), accounting for 20% of the company’s corporate revenue.
These were the growth numbers by region: Latin America (302%); Southern Europe, Eastern Europe and Africa (313%); Asia/Pacific (119%); Northern and Central Europe (122%), and United States (100%).
The reasons for this outstanding growth can be found in the many benefits that a cloud-based security solution provides to clients:
- Over 50% cost reduction, as there is no need to invest in infrastructure.
- Centralized, granular management of head offices, remote offices and mobile and roaming users with real-time information about the security status of the IT infrastructure.
- Possibility of outsourcing security management, thanks to it ease of implementation, configuration and maintenance
- Virtually real-time protection against the new malware that appears every day thanks to Collective Intelligence (an automated system capable of detecting, analyzing and classifying 99.4% of the more than 55,000 new malware strains than appear every day)
Sales and distribution
Panda Cloud Office Protection can de sold separately or as part of the Panda Cloud Protection suite. This new solution complements Panda Security’s cloud-based, SaaS security products covering the main infection vectors: endpoints and servers (Panda Cloud Office Protection); corporate email (Panda Cloud Email Protection) and Internet traffic (Panda Cloud Internet Protection).
There are three sales models depending on the protection modules selected:
- Standard Bundle: This includes the platform itself, antivirus and anti-spyware protection and Dynamic URL Filtering
- Advanced Bundle: This includes the Standard Bundle options plus Advanced Web Security, Browser Access Control, and protection against Web 2.0 threats.
- Premium Bundle: This includes all the previous options plus bandwidth control and data theft protection (Data Loss Prevention).
For more information and a free product trial go to Panda Cloud Protection.