|• Panda Cloud Antivirus is the first free thin-client antivirus from the cloud, delivering a completely new protection model
• Since its launch, Panda Cloud Antivirus has been widely acclaimed by leading experts in technology and security
• New version includes improvements stemming from contribution of Panda’s user community across more than 170 countries
Panda Security, The Cloud Security Company, today announced the general availability of the Beta2 version of Panda Cloud Antivirus, the industry’s first and only free, thin-client, cloud-based antivirus which halves the impact on computer performance compared with traditional antivirus products. Users can download this new version for free from http://www.cloudantivirus.com (available in English, Spanish and German).
Since its launch, Panda Cloud Antivirus has been widely acclaimed by leading software review labs and technology sites:
– PC Mag US: “Pros: No signature database required; detection takes place in the cloud. Lightweight. Attractive, simple user interface. Detected almost all malware samples. Effective against scareware. In a little over a minute the product is installed and working.”
– Tech Herald US: “Early this morning, Panda Security, focusing on two aspects of the anti-Virus market that simply frustrate users and systems administrators, released a free anti-Virus product that for lack of a better term, simply exists. It’s lightweight, quick to install, but most of all, very easy to use.”
– CNET: “Earlier Wednesday, Panda Security introduced Cloud Antivirus beta, the first full-featured cloud-based antivirus program. It does two things that make it competitive and unique compared with its competitors that are tied to your desktop: it prioritizes threats based on type, and it attempts to lighten the load that security programs place on your system resources by moving definition files to a community-based cloud.”
With millions of users trying the solution and contributing to its improvement, this second beta version includes a series of new features, described in the official developer blog at http://blog.cloudantivirus.com .
Since its original launch on April 29, and with the participation of the product’s user community, more than three million new malware samples have been received at PandaLabs. This knowledge has been compiled and returned to the community in the form of greater protection, and has contributed to an even faster response time from Panda’s proprietary Collective Intelligence system.