Panda Cloud Antivirus offers the possibility to create a rescue USB drive to be used on a computer which may have become infected and is locked by a virus or malware specimen that prevents it from starting normally. Please note the following considerations before you proceed with the instructions:
- You need a USB drive.
- It is advisable to print the instructions.
Step 1: Create Rescue USB drive
From the computer where Panda Cloud Antivirus is installed, follow these steps:
- Open Panda Cloud Antivirus, click the Rescue Kit section in the main window and then select Create rescue USB drive.
- Insert a USB drive into your PC and click Start.
- Click Install. This will create a rescue USB drive that will allow you to boot and repair the infected computer.
Step 2: Scan infected computer
- Insert the rescue USB drive in the infected PC and restart.
NOTE: Most computers will automatically boot up from the USB unit. Otherwise, you will need to change the boot sequence in the BIOS of your PC.
For further information, please refer to article How to change the computer boot sequence.
- Once you restart, the Panda Cloud Cleaner wizard will be displayed. Press Enter to accept the license agreement.
- The wizard will prepare the computer so that, next time the computer is restarted, Panda Cloud Cleaner will scan and disinfect all the viruses.
- Remove the USB drive when the wizard displays the message Please, remove USB.
- Once you have done so, a message saying Analysis can now start! will be displayed.
- Press any key for the computer to restart.
- Once restarted, the Panda Cloud Cleaner menu will be displayed. Click Accept and Scan for the virus scan to begin.
- When the scan finishes, Panda Cloud Cleaner will display a summary of the malware found. Review the detection list carefully to avoid accidental removal of legitimate applications.
- Select the Malware & PUPs section to view the detail of the detection.
- Tick the PUPs detected that you wish to remove and click Back. If you are unsure of which to select, we recommend that you tick all of them.
- Finally, select Clean for the disinfection to begin.