Error 2110 installing or updating the protection, or updating the Endpoint Protection communications agent.
On installing or updating the protection, or updating the Endpoint Protection communications agent, error 2110 occurs.
Elements to check
- Verify that the memory requirements for running the installer are met.
- Check how much memory is available on your computer:
- Right click My Computer icon
- Select Properties
The General tab will show you the memory available to the operating system (on the bottom right corner, just above Support Information
- Also make sure that enough virtual memory is assigned to the system (typically twice the amount of physical RAM) or that it is set to be managed by Windows. To check the computer’s virtual memory settings, repeat the steps above and then:
- Click the Advanced tab.
- For the Performance section, click Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab for performance Option.
- On the Virtual Memory section, click Change.
- Verify that it is set to System managed size, or that the size is at least the recommended value (it will be indicated there).
If there is insufficient memory, install more memory. If this is not possible, free up processes until you have sufficient memory to run the installer.
Data needed to report the incident
If the issue is not solved, it is then necessary to collect a series of data from the computer. Please, read How to report problems from the Endpoint Protection console and follow the instructions indicated.