The automatic updates are carried out by default through the communications agent via TCP/IP. In addition, you can also activate deployment of updates via HTTP.
To deploy the updates through this method, you need to publish the repository in a Web server. A requirement for using this feature is that you must have Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) version 5.0 or 6.0 installed, so that clients can obtain the necessary updates by accessing this server.
Steps for activating HTTP mode
- Go to C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Administrator 3\Distribution Server in the computer on which the Distribution Server (Panda AdminSecure Distribution Server) is installed.
- Run the SetComRep.exe program and select the language in which the application will be run.
- In the Set Repository Vx.x window, under Repository operation mode, select the HTTP mode check box.
- Then configure the following parameters:
- Name of the IIS server: Specify the name or IP address of the Internet Information Services server. This field is obligatory.
- Predetermined website port: Specify the communications port used by the IIS to provide HTTP service. If you do not specify a port, port 80 will be assigned by default.
- Name of the virtual web directory (repository): Name of the virtual directory to create in the IIS server. If no directory is specified, a default directory called repository will be created.
- Under Update computers, select the modules to update. All modules will be selected by default.
- Click Save.
- After completing this process, the following message will appear:
If you want the repository to update in TCP mode only, simply run the SetComRep.exe program again and select TCP mode. Click Save after completing the configuration steps.