With Panda GateDefender Performa 3.01.00.0000 and later you can:
- Change the user name and password for logging into the Web administration console.
- Assign different permissions to users, according to the company’s needs.
Users will be able to access functions in accordance with the specific permissions they have.
Panda GateDefender Performa will ask for a user name and password whenever anyone tries to log into the Web administration console.
The default user is defaultuser and the default password is defaultpass. It is advisable to change these details, at least the first time you log into the Web administration console.
For security reasons, the default user cannot be deleted and its complete administration permissions cannot be changed.
To edit, create or change console login users, go to System settings – Console Access.
Enter the following details to create a new user:
Password (twice). Remember that:
The password must be 6 to 12 characters long (numbers and/or letters).
Panda GateDefender Performa does NOT allow you to copy and paste the password.
The feature in some browsers that allows you to save previously entered data must be disabled.Note: If you lose or forget these details, you can recover the factory settings.
In corporate environments it is normal that there are various users that need to log into the console with different permissions. Panda GateDefender Performa offers four different types of permissions:
- Monitoring: Users have permission to access the Status, Activity, Reports and Services screens.
- Protection configuration permissions: Users have permission to access the Protection settings, Definitions, Profiles, Quarantine and Warnings screens.
- System configuration permissions: Users have permissions to access the Web console screens.
- Complete administration permissions: Users can access all console functions, including Updates, License management and Tools. If all three checkboxes are selected, the user will have Complete administration permissions.