Panda GateDefender Integra allows you to restrict user access to certain Internet content, divided into categories. If you select the Web filtering check box, Panda GateDefender Integra will scan all URLs accessed via the HTTP protocol and block access to addresses that are not permitted.
What's more, you can configure Panda GateDefender Integra to show a warning page when a certain web page is blocked. The page blocked warning can be customized so that administrators can give users the information they consider necessary.
Steps for configuring the page blocked warning
- Go to the Panda GateDefender Integra administration console.
- Make sure that the Web filtering protection is enabled. To do this, click on Anti-malware and filtering in the menu on the left of the console.
- Select the Web filtering protection that appears in the next window.
- Make sure that the Enable web filtering check box in the Web filtering settings is selected.
- In order to restrict access to a certain page, select the Block access to the page check box under Action.
- Select the Show a warning page instead check box.
- To customize the warning displayed instead of the page, click on Edit warning page. You can modify both the default title and message body.
You can include variables in the message you are configuring, which provide useful information to the user, such as the URL of the page blocked, the category under which it has been classified and the email address of the administrator.
Full URL of the downloaded file (HTTP, FTP).
Email address of the administrator. If several addresses are included in the warnings settings, only the first will be specified.
Category or list of categories under which the web page content has been classified.
Note: This variable can only be used for customizing the text displayed when a web page is blocked by the Web filtering protection.
- If you want to view the page that will be displayed, click on Warning page preview.
After completing these steps, the warnings displayed when the Web filtering protection blocks a certain page will be configured.