To enable high availability in each isolated unit in the cluster, follow the steps below:
Steps to follow
- Select the System settings option in the menu on the left of the web administration console.
- Select High availability.
- In the window that appears, select the High availability mode option. This allows Panda GateDefender Integra to operate in the cluster. The options will only be available if you select this check box.
For high availability to come into effect, the High availability mode check box must be selected in the console of all Panda GateDefender Integra units. Click here for instruction on how to globally enable high availability in the cluster.
- Then configure the following options:
- Group it belongs to: Enter the number of the group the unit belongs to. The other units in the cluster must belong to the same group. The correct configuration of the group parameter is essential for several VRRP instances or device clusters to coexist at the same time and separately in the same segment. What’s more, this prevents interference with other devices that operate in high availability mode and also use VRRP.
The example in the diagram shows a configuration scenario with two separate clusters:
As you can see, there are four units in the same DMZ network segment. However, not all of the units are part of the same cluster, but form two clusters, one between the DMZ and the Internet and the other between the DMZ and the LAN.
There should not be any conflict between the two clusters, and therefore, the virtual routers that make up the two clusters should have different identifiers (groups) in VRRP. What’s more, the administrator will probably want to apply different settings and therefore, the two clusters must be well differentiated to all intents and purposes.
- Password: Enter the password for logging on the cluster. This password is used as a security mechanism in both configuration synchronization and authentication of the VRRP messages exchanged between the master and the slaves.
- Repeat password: Enter the logon password again.
- Select how the GateDefender Integra master unit in the cluster will be selected: Select the mode (Master or Slave) in which the Panda GateDefender Integra unit will operate. This can be selected manually or automatically.
- Automatic: In this case, the master unit is selected automatically and transparently to the user.
- Manual: The user can manually select the master unit.
- Click on OK.
NOTE: Enable all the network interface cards or network cards that are going to be used in the master unit. Click here for instructions on how to install several Panda GateDefender Integra units in high availability (router mode).