Panda GateDefender Integra allows you to configure the console access parameters in a quick, intuitive way. In this way, network administrators can easily define who can access the web configuration console and from where, thus preventing unauthorized users from accessing the console.
To configure the parameters for accessing the web console
- Go to the web administration console.
- In the main menu, click on System settings.
- Go to the Access the console section.
- The Console access settings screen allows you to define and modify the following parameters:
- Username: Username with console access rights.
- Password: Enter the password for accessing the web console.
It is advisable to modify the default access details after connecting to the web console for the first time.
- Configuration IP: This is made up of the interface (eth0, eth1...), IP address and subnet mask.
- If the "Access is permitted only from the following IPs or subnets" option is checked, the table is displayed where you can set the IP addresses or subnets from which it is possible to access the console with the username previously defined.
- Check the Disconnect the web console after XX minutes of inactivity option to specify the time after which the console will be automatically disconnected.
- Check Access GateDefender from Panda to allow Panda technicians to access your appliance remotely, if necessary to solve a support incident.
In Router mode, once the above parameters have been established, it will only be possible to access the web console from the port selected (eth0, eth1...). If switching to Transparent mode, use port eth0/eth1.