Panda GateDefender Integra includes a feature for partially restoring the appliance to the factory settings without affecting the rest of the configurable software options.
This is done by clicking the restore button in the case of Panda Gatedefender Integra 100 or through the LCD in Panda GateDefender Integra 300. In both cases, the values restored are as follows:
Accessing the console:
- Administration IP:
- IP 172.16.1.1
- Mask 255.255.255.0
- Router mode: the port for accessing the console will be restored to the default port eth1 (or RJ45 socket 1 at the back of the device).
- Bridge mode: in this mode you can use both port eth0 or eth1 to access the console.
Instructions for restoring access settings for the Panda GateDefender Integra 100 console
- Find the restore button, marked F/D at the back of Panda GateDefender Integra.
- Click the button for two seconds.
- Once you do this unit will recover the factory settings
Important: Don’t confuse the F/D button for restoring factory settings with the Reset button for resetting the whole system.
Instructions for restoring access settings for the Panda GateDefender Integra 300 console
- Look at the LCD screen of the appliance. You should see the Panda GateDefender Integra logo and status.
- Use the button with the downward arrow next to the LCD screen to access the Reset access option.
- Go to the LCD on the front of the appliance.
- Use the keyboard cursors to get to the Reset Access menu.
- Once you see this menu, press Enter.
- You will then be asked for confirmation. Press Enter.
- The original values will then start to be restored.
Important: Don’t confuse Reset access, in the LCD screen menu, with the Reset system option which will reset the whole system.
In addition, before restoring the access settings for Panda GateDefender Integra, check that there is no computer on the network whose IP address coincides with the IP configuration of the device (172.16.1.1) to prevent conflicts between duplicated addresses.