Panda GateDefender Performa allows you to configure warnings that will be sent to inform the administrator when certain events occur. The warnings can be sent through the following means:
The syslog utility is used to export all errors that occur in the application, as well as information about its status.
Steps for configuring the warnings sent to the remote syslog server
- Go to the Panda GateDefender Performa administration console.
- Select Warnings in the menu on the left.
- Click on Syslog warnings settings section.
- Select the Syslog Registry check box.
- In the Server section, specify the IP address or name of the Syslog server that will receive the notifications.
- Specify the Port to which events will be sent (port 514 by default). Panda GateDefender Performa will use the UDP protocol.
- Finally, specify the Facility value (local0 to local7). The messages are sent to the remote server through one of the eight facilities available. Facility should be the same in the Panda GateDefender Performa syslog as in the remote syslog. The default value is local0.
- Select the CSV format check box if you want to use this format. Otherwise, the warning will be sent in plain text.
- Click on OK to save the current settings.
After configuring the remote syslog server, simply select the events to report.
Steps for configuring the events to report
- Go to the web administration console.
- Click on Warnings in the main menu and select Events to report settings.
- Select the language in which the notifications will be sent from the Select the language menu.
- In the Notifications to administrators section, you can select the events to report and how the notifications will be sent.
- In the Syslog column, select the check boxes for all the events that you want to send using the remote syslog server.
- Click on OK to save the changes.