Certain programs or computer systems have flaws that could be exploited. As a result, if the administrator is not up-to-date with these vulnerabilities, the network could be attacked.
Panda GateDefender Performa protects your network and blocks attacks caused by these types of vulnerabilities through its content-filter and anti-malware protection.
The vulnerabilities detected by the content-filter can be enabled / disabled in the following way:
- Go to Protection settings and click on Content-filter protection.
- Select Mail and news protection settings.
- Select the Detect malformed messages checkbox in Vulnerabilities.
This filter is very restrictive, and therefore, remember that if it is enabled it could block files that seem harmless but do not meet standards.
The anti-malware protection also scans files for vulnerabilities, although it is less restrictive than the content-filter protection. This module cannot be configured and therefore, cannot be disabled.
The activity of both types of protection are logged in the report. To access this report:
- Click on Reports button to access the administration console.
- Select Anti-malware protection report or Content-filter protection report, depending on the information you want to consult.