Requirements for accessing the Panda GateDefender Performa console
You can access the Panda GateDefender Performa from any PC the meets the following minimum requirements:
- Internet Explorer 8.0 (or later) and Mozilla Firefox 3.x (or later).
- SVGA Monitor -1024 x 768 pixels and 16-bit color recommended.
- It should be in the same network segment as Panda GateDefender Performa (this is vital if it is the first time you are accessing the web administration console), or from any other segment of the network if the corresponding option is enabled.
How to access the console
Below are the steps to follow if the console IP is established by default: 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0
- Make a note of the computer IP.
- Go to the computer from which you are going to administer GateDefender.
- If the IP of your computer does not belong to the network 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0, you can change it and include it in this range, for example 172.16.1.2 255.255.255.0.
You can also add another IP to your computer (IP alias). To do this, follow the instructions below:
- For Windows operating systems, go to your network card properties, and access the TCP/IP settings.
Then, access the advanced properties, where you can add another IP.
- In Linux, Unix, BSD: Use the ifconfig tool.
- If, and only if, you access the Internet via a proxy server, you need to configure your browser not to connect to addresses that starts with 172.16.1. To do that, follow these instructions:
- In Internet Explorer 8.0, click Tools- Internet options -Connections tab- LAN settings - Advanced. Then include the IP 172.16.1 in the Exceptions section.
- Enter the following address: https://172.16.1.1 in the address bar of the web browser.
Note: remember that to access the console you need to use https, and not http. This is a secure protocol and traffic will be encrypted. For this reason, when you access the console, your computer and the GateDefender unit Exchange encryption keys.
Because of this a screen will appear in your browser asking for your confirmation to continue.
Now you can see the Panda GateDefender Performa console in your web browser. This screen will ask for a user name and password. Enter your data and click Enter.