Panda GateDefender Performa is a high-performance, integrated software and hardware solution designed to protect your company by blocking known and unknown viruses before they enter or leave your network.
Thanks to its high scalability and load-balancing, Panda GateDefender Performa adapts to the needs of mid-to-large sized companies, transparently adapting to network traffic loads.
When you buy Panda GateDefender Performa, you will receive, by email, a license certificate which includes your client details, the IDs of the machines you have bought and the protection modules assigned to each of them.
Before installing Panda GateDefender Performa, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you check the data in the license certificate. You can do this as follows:
Open the license certificate that you have received by email and check that the machine IDs in the certificate coincide exactly with the IDs that you will find on the stickers on each of the Panda GateDefender units.
Then check the protection modules assigned to each unit and bear this in mind when installing the units in the network
How to install Panda GateDefender Performa
It is important that you are clear about the structure of the network in which you are going to install Panda GateDefender Performa, as it must be installed so that it can scan all the information that enters the network from the Internet and vice versa.
If the network already has a filtering device like a firewall or router at the Internet connection point, it is advisable to install Panda GateDefender Performa behind it, so that it only scans the information that really enters the network, thus improving performance.
Installing Panda GateDefender Performa in a network is simple, first the hardware is physically installed and then it is configured to operate correctly.
Physical installation of Panda GateDefender Performa hardware
Disconnect the cable that joins the firewall or router with the switch.
Connect one end of the cable supplied (or similar) to the firewall or router socket from which you have just disconnected the other cable and connect the other end of the cable to socket 1 in the Panda GateDefender Performa unit (NIC 1).
Then, connect the other network cable supplied to the other Panda GateDefender Performa socket (NIC 2). The end of the second cable connects to the switch.
Once the cables are connected, plug Panda GateDefender Performa into the power supply.
Switch it on.
Wait for about two minutes while Panda GateDefender Performa starts up and then the configuration process starts.
Finally, configure Panda GateDefender Performa from the web console.
How to access the Panda Gatedefender Performa administration console
When you configure Panda GateDefender Performa for the first time, use a computer with an Internet browser and which is in the same network segment as the Panda GateDefender Performa unit.
The GateDefender unit is configured by default with 2 IPs: the console IP (172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0) and the network IP (192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0). If these IPs are included in any range in your network, it is advisable to configure it separately, with just one computer connected to Panda GateDefender Performa to prevent possible errors in your system due to duplication of IPs.
Make a note of the computer’s IP address and follow the instructions below:
- If the IP of your computer does not belong to the network 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0, you can change it and include it in this range, for example 172.16.1.2 255.255.255.0. You can also add another IP to your computer (IP alias). To do this, follow the instructions below:
- For Windows operating systems, go to your network card properties, and access the TCP/IP settings.
Then, access the advanced properties, where you can add another IP.
- In Linux, Unix, BSD: Use the ifconfig tool.
- If you access the Internet via proxy, you should set the browser not to use the proxy to connect to IP addresses starting with 172.16.1. You can do that by following these instructions:
- In Internet Explorer 6.0, click on Tools then Internet options, go to the Connections tab, go to LAN settings and click on Advanced options. Then you can add the IP 172.16.1 to the Exceptions list.
With Firefox, go to Tools > Preferences, Advanced, and select Options in the Network tab. Finally, in the no Proxy for box, indicate the IP address 172.16.1.
- In the address bar of the web browser, enter the following address: https://172.16.1.1
Note: If the Panda GateDefender isn’t displayed, try changing your computer’s IP for: 172.16.1.2 with a subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Now you will be able to see the Panda GateDefender Performa administration console in your web browser.
Note: The network and configuration IP address of Panda GateDefender Performa must not belong to the subnet 18.104.22.168/24, as this is used internally by the GateDefender unit.
If you want to change the console language, click on the link that appears in the top right of the screen. This screen will ask you for a user name and password. Enter the data below and click on Enter.
- In the network data section, specify a network IP address, the subnet mask and the gateway that Panda GateDefender will use to connect to the Internet. In addition, if the unit is to connect to the Internet through a proxy server, you will have to configure the necessary data in the Internet access via HTTP proxy section. Once you have entered all the necessary data, click on Save.
Activating Panda GateDefender Performa
To activate the Panda GateDefender unit you must enter the user name and password that you received by email in the console. To do this, follow theses instructions:
Click on License management in the main console menu.
Click on the link in the Registration/activation details section.
In the following screen, enter the user name and password you received by email, and click on Save.