You can install several (up to three) Panda GateDefender Performa units in load balancing mode in order to increase performance and fault tolerance.
In order to install several Panda GateDefender Performa units in load balancing, it is recommendable to install the units between two switches. This will reduce the number of collisions and improve performance. This example explains how to install two Panda GateDefender Performa units in load balancing:
- The first step involves connecting the switch to the two Panda GateDefender Perfroma units. To do this, connect connector 1 (NIC 1) in the Panda GateDefender Performa units to the switch that connects to the Internet.
- Then connect a network cable to connector 2 (NIC 2) in each GateDefender unit. The ends of these cables will be connected to the switch that connects to the rest of the local network.
- Once the cables are connected, plug in the Panda GateDefender Performa unit.
- Switch the unit on using the switch at the front of the unit.
- Wait for about two minutes for Panda GateDefender Performa to start up and launch the configuration process.
- Finally, to configure each Panda GateDefender Performa unit, access the web console for each one.
For instructions on how to access the web administration console from the same subnet, click here.
- After accessing the console, change the configuration IP address so that each GateDefender unit has a different IP. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Click on System settings.
- Click on Console access.
- In the Configuration IP section, enter the IP address you want to assign to the unit (the IP must be different for each Panda GateDefender Performa unit).
- Click on Save.
- Then, follow these instructions to enable load balancing.
- Click on System settings in the menu on the left of the web console.
- Select Load balancing / High availability.
- Check the Enable load balancing checkbox.
- Click on Save.
Repeat these steps in the console of each Panda GateDefender Performa unit you want to install.