Trj/Necurs infects the computer via a drive-by download when the user accesses malicious web pages. This malware can be installed on its own or with a rogueware. The most visible symptom is that it disables any antivirus program installed on the computer.
Steps to remove Trj/Necurs
Use Panda Cloud Cleaner to scan and remove Tr/Necurs.
Before you begin, take into account the considerations below:
- You will be required to restart your computer several times during the scan. Make sure you save and close all the work in progress beforehand.
- The type of scan required to remove this malware - trusted boot scan - is available for all operating systems.
Once you are ready, just follow the steps below to scan and disinfect Trj/Necurs:
- Download and install Panda Cloud Cleaner.exe on the infected computer.
- Run Panda Cloud Cleaner. Select the Advanced options.
- Tick the Activate trusted boot scan option and click OK.
- Then, click Accept and Scan.
- Select Restart now! when the following window is displayed. The computer will be restarted.
- After restarting the computer, Panda Cloud Cleaner will launch a scan to identify the startup elements that will be blocked at the next reboot.
- Once the scan is finished, the results will be displayed. The malware detected will be selected by default. Click Continue or Continue scan from the window showing the detail of the malware detected.
- Then, you will be requested to restart your computer again to block the loading of all the elements detected up to this stage. Click Restart now!
- Once the computer is restarted, Panda Cloud Cleaner will perform a scan from a safe environment, as all the malware detected has already been blocked.
- When the malware results are displayed, click Clean.
For information about Panda Cloud Cleaner scan options, check the internal help.
Please refer to article 4 Essential Tips to Prevent Virus Infections for cautionary measures against malware infections.