Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Lineage.BZE allows hackers to get into and carry out dangerous actions in affected computers, such as capturing screenshots, stealing personal data, etc.
It avoids being detected by the user by using the following techniques:
- It deletes the original file from which it was run once it is installed on the computer.
It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy:
- Passwords saved by certain Windows services.
- Keystrokes, in order to obtain information for accessing online banking services, passwords and other confidential information.
Means of transmission
Propagation through the exploits of remote vulnerabilities:
Lineage.BZE carries out the following process:
- It spreads by attacking IP addresses obtained at random or from the network to which the infected computer belongs.
- It tries to access the IP addresses under attack by exploiting an existing vulnerability or through an open port.
- If it does this, it downloads a copy of itself onto the vulnerable computer.
Lineage.BZE has the following additional characteristics:
- It is written in the programming language Borland Delphi.
- It is 72704 bytes in size.