Adaptive Defense 360 lets you assign the cache role to one or more computers on your network. These computers will automatically download and store all files required so that other computers with Adaptive Defense 360 installed can update their signature file, agent and protection engine without having to access the Internet. This saves bandwidth as it won't be necessary for each computer to separately download the updates they need. All updates are downloaded centrally for all computers on the network.Requirements and limitations of computers with the cache role
- 2 GB minimum of additional disk space to store downloads.
- The scope of the computer with the cache role is restricted to the network segment to which its network interface is connected. If a cache computer has several network interface cards, it can serve as a repository for each network segment to which it is connected.
It is advisable to designate a computer with the cache role in each network segment on the corporate network. Preferably, two computers with cache role in order to load balance in case, one of them didn't have connectivity or space. Additionally, it would be desirable that the cache computer were a server.
- All other computers will automatically discover the presence of the cache node and will redirect their update requests to it.
- A protection license has to be assigned to the cache node in order for it to operate.
- The firewall must be configured to allow incoming and outgoing UPnP/SSDP traffic on UDP port 21226 and TCP port 18226 over http.
Configuring a computer as a cache
- Click the Settings menu at the top of the console. Then, click Network settings from the menu on the left and select the Cache tab.
- Click Add cache computer.
- Use the search tool at the top of the screen to quickly find those computers you want to designate as cache.
- Select one of more computers from the list and click OK.
From then on, the selected computer will have the cache role and will start downloading all necessary files, keeping its repository automatically synchronized. All other computers on the same subnet will contact the cache computer for updates.
Revoking the cache role
- Click the Settings menu at the top of the console. Then, click Network settings from the side menu and click the Cache tab.
- Click the icon of the computer that you want to stop acting as a cache.
Discovery of cache nodes
Computers designated with the cache role broadcast their status to the network segments. All other computers will receive the relevant notification and will connect to the most appropriate node based on the amount of
free resources should there be more than one designated cache node on the same network segment. In addition, network computers will occasionally ask if there is any node with the cache role.Related articles