In a few weeks will take place in Madrid this year’s Security Blogger Summit. 2 main topic’s will be the focus of discussion:
– Cyber-activism: A new Internet sensation.
– Cyber-terrorism and cyber-war: Reality or fiction?
As always, the event is free, you just have to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your details. And it includes coffee and snacks in the afternoon and a cocktail party at the end of the event, plus the opportunity to talk to the participants. I will be around in case you want to share a beer 😉
Who is going to be in the table? Well, these are some of the names we have:
- Enrique Dans: Lecturer in IT systems at the IE Business School, he contributes to numerous newspapers and magazines and is a respected opinion leader regarding new technologies.
- Elinor Mills: Senior writer at CNET News on security issues, she has been working in this field for more than 20 years.
- Robert McMillan: A San Francisco-based journalist specializing in IT security, he writes on computer crime, security products and the ongoing fight of IT professionals to stay one step ahead of hackers. In 2010 he was named one of the top computer security journalists in the US by the SANS Institute.
- Chema Alonso: He has been working as a security consultant at Informática 64 for 10 years. He has been named by Microsoft as a Most Valuable Professional in security for six years. He will also be attending as a representative of Spain’s National Cyber-Security Advisory Council.
- Rubén Santamarta: A security researcher with over ten years’ experience in the world of reverse engineering and IT security. He has discovered dozens of vulnerabilities in leading vendors including Microsoft, Apple, Symantec, Intel and Oracle. I recently made him an interview, you can read it here: http://pandalabs.pandasecurity.com/interview-ruben-santamarta/
What are you waiting for? If you need more information about the event, venue, speakers, etc. you can find it in the #SBS11 web: http://www.securitybloggersummit.com/en/
See you there!