Smartphones have become vital to our existence, accompanying us in our day-to-day lives, both at work and at home. Since May 1st is International Workers’ Day, we are celebrating by reviewing some of the top applications we believe are most useful for our professional success.
“Top” Apps for professionals
These app icons saturate our phone screens, but with good reason. Today, there is an app for everything. Apps offer a wide range of possibilities and solutions, helping us organize our tasks and merge our professional and personal lives.
- Evernote: Positioning itself as the office of the future, this app allows you to write, compile, find and submit documents in any electronic device working in a synchronized manner.
- Google Drive: Through the app you can create and access shared information through any device, making long-distance teamwork both easy and efficient.
- Dropbox: This mass storage tool is one of the more popular apps, allowing you to share information using multiple devices.
- Skype: With more than 300 million users, the mobile app includes many of the same benefits as the desktop version like video calls, audio calls, and messaging. This program has become an important tool for those who have work relationships abroad.
- Hootsuite: This platform allows you to access various social media accounts from one place. It has become one of the star tools to manage your online social life, both for social network experts and regular users.
- Salesforce: We cannot lose sight of one of the best business tools for CRM. This important application provides an interface for task management and case management. It also has a customer portal area, with social media plugins and analysis tools, allowing us to foster relationships with our clients and develop new ones.
Black Hats in your work environment?
Even though we do our best to make our Smartphones as secure as possible, sometimes there are vulnerabilities, like large amounts of malware waiting to take over your phone. As seen above, there are a variety of applications waiting to be downloaded and used to help you on your journey up the career ladder. However, we must keep in mind that there are some risks that come with installing anything downloaded off the internet.
Black Hats frequently use apps as keys to “get into” our phones. If you use them as work tools or to share sensitive and private data, you should think about downloading an antivirus.
We have some tips when downloading these applications. First of all, “avoid the black market” and download your apps in authorized stores that are reliable. Secondly, choose apps with official developers (these will always be more secure). Thirdly, pay attention to the number of downloads (if there are more than 1,000, we can consider it a popular app and reduce the possibilities of giving problems.) Lastly, review the feedback from other downloaders to make sure it is a good one.
Current Smartphone attacks have put device security and personal information in danger, which is especially hazardous when your devices are connected with your work-life. Prevention is the best possible thing you can do to guarantee your security.
Here at Panda Security, we hope you continue in the fight against cyber-threats and keep on protecting your work-life. Have a great weekend and a wonderful International Workers’ Day!