Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
|Type:||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Effects: ||It allows to carry out several actions on active services in remote computers: list them up, stop them, delete them, etc.|
|Detection updated on:||May 11, 2007|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Hideout.A is a Hacking Tool. Though these programs are legitimate and useful tools when they are appropriately used, a hacker could take advantage of them in order to carry out malicious actions.
Hideout.A is a program that runs from a command line and it allows to carry out the following actions on the active services in remote computers:
- Make a list of the running services.
- Display information on an specific service.
- Delete an specific service. By doing so, that service will not be run the next time the remote computer is restarted.
- Stop a service, which will be activated on the next restart of the computer.
- Pause a service during a certain period.
Hideout.A does not pose a risk by itself, but it can be used with malicious intentions.
Hideout.A is difficult to recognize, as it does not show any messages or warnings that indicate it has reached the computer.