Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
|Type:||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
It logs keystrokes and mouse clicks in a file, which can be sent via e-mail.>
|Detection updated on:||Feb. 7, 2004|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
KeylogSkin98.A is a Hacking Tool. Though these programs are legitimate and useful tools when they are appropriately used, a hacker could take advantage of them in order to carry out malicious actions.
KeylogSkin98.A is a keylogger that has the following functionalities:
- It logs keystrokes and mouse clicks in an encrypted file.
- It is completely invisible, as it does not show any messages, or appear on the process list or the Task bar.
- It captures the name of all active windows and running tasks.
- It captures the time and date when the computer is shut down.
- In addition, it can send the logged file automatically via e-mail.
KeylogSkin98.A is not a risk by itself, but it can be used with malicious intentions.>
KeylogSkin98.A is difficult to recognize, as it does not show any messages or warnings that indicate it has reached the computer.