Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
|Type:||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
It is a legal tool that logs keystrokes, captures passwords and registers the accessed web pages.>
|First detected on:||Jan. 16, 2004|
|Detection updated on:||March 7, 2007|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
GhostKeyLog.A is a Hacking Tool. Though these programs are legal and useful tools when they are appropriately used, a hacker could take advantage of them in order to carry out malicious actions.
GhostKeyLog.A is a keylogger that has the following functionalities:
- Log keystrokes in an encrypted file.
- Send the logged file via e-mail stealthily.
- Monitor the web pages that are accessed by logging the addresses.
- Register the title of the active applications and the amount of time they have been running.
- Capture passwords and texts hidden by asterisks.
GhostKeyLog.A is not a risk by itself, but it can be used to collect confidential data.
GhostKeyLog.A is difficult to recognize, as it does not show any messages or warnings that indicate it has reached the computer.