Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
|Effects: ||It logs keystrokes, hides the Windows Taskbar and Start button, opens the CD-ROM tray, etc.|
|Detection updated on:||July 29, 2003|
SubSeven.2.0 is a Trojan with backdoor characteristics that allows hackers to gain remote access to computers in order to carry out actions that compromise the user confidentiality and impede the tasks performed.
The effects of this Trojan are very dangerous. Among them, the following can be highlighted:
- It allows hackers to spy on ICQ.
- It logs keystrokes on the affected computer.
- It obtains information on the affected computer’s settings.
- It records audio and video through the PC mike and webcam, if available.
Some clear indications that SubSeven.2.0 has reached the computer are the following:
- The CD-ROM tray opens and closes unexpectedly.
- The mouse pointer moves about the screen without the user's intervention.
- It hides the Windows Taskbar and Start button.