Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
|Detection updated on:||Nov. 13, 2002|
Bablas.AC is a macro virus that reaches computers in an infected Word 97 document, with a DOC extension. Then, it infects the Word template (NORMAL.DOT file) and spreads to all the Word documents generated with it.
Bablas.AC activates before 9 p.m. and its effects are more irritating than damaging:
- It beeps after an infected document has been opened.
- It displays the text Udah kena virus macros when the Word macros are accessed.
- It displays the text I LOVE SOMETHING ERROR ! when the About Microsoft Word option is selected in the Help menu in the Word 97 window.
- It modifies some Word options.
Bablas.AC activates on a random day but always before 9pm. When it carries out its infection, it shows a large number of symptoms:
- It changes the title of the Word window to: Bpp Hacker is now activating - (I Don´t mean to disturb).
It displays the text Udah kena virus macros when the Macro option is selected in the Tools menu in the Word window.
It displays the following warning when the About Microsoft Word option is selected in the Help menu in the Word 97 window:Qun katawon walataqun kalaler.
I LOVE SOMETHING ERROR !
Before carrying out the actions described, Bablas.AC checks that the time on the system clock is earlier than 9 p.m.