Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
|Effects: ||It closes the any currently open document, assigns a password to documents and shuts down the system.|
|Detection updated on:||Sept. 21, 2000|
|Country of origin:||UNITED KINGDOM|
Nagem.A is a macro virus that reaches computers in an infected Word 97 document.
Its has destructive effects, seriously affecting the user’s work with Word:
- It closes every currently open Word document and, under certain circumstances, shuts down the system.
- It assigns a password to infected documents (if certain conditions are met).
- It prevents access to the Macro option in the Tools menu.
Nagem.A shows different symptoms of infection depending on the system date stamp:
- Word can ask for a password when the user tries to open a document infected by Nagem.A.
- The virus closes every open Word document and shuts the system down.
If the user tries to access the Macro option in the Tools menu, Nagem.A displays the following message:
This Command is Unavailable this time